By Michael Gordon Laverick
The whole, Hands-On consultant to fitting and Configuring VMware web site restoration supervisor 5.0
Administering VMware website restoration supervisor 5.0 is the whole, technical, hands-on consultant to VMware website restoration supervisor (SRM) 5.0 deploy and configuration for skilled VMware professionals.
VMware discussion board moderator and vExpert Mike Laverick totally explains SRM 5.0’s failover/failback techniques, walks readers via configuring garage replication with from a number of major providers, and indicates easy methods to successfully enforce quickly, computerized, centralized catastrophe restoration. Drawing on his huge event with SRM and vSphere, Laverick identifies universal pitfalls and error, explains why they ensue, and exhibits precisely easy methods to repair them.
Fully brand new for SRM 5.0, this e-book supplies “in-the-trenches” technical wisdom you won’t locate anyplace else, together with specialist advice for using SRM 5.0’s complicated new vSphere Replication (VR).
- Going “under the hood” with SRM 5.0 to entirely comprehend its operation
- Configuring SRM 5.0 with Dell EqualLogic Replication, EMC Celerra Replicator, EMC CLARiiON MirrorView, HP StorageWorks P4000 digital SAN equipment with distant reproduction, and NetApp SnapMirror
- Configuring a number of LUN/volumes with digital machines and digital disks
- Installing VMware SRM and configuring vSphere Replication (VR)
- Using VR to duplicate VMs throughout destinations with out third-party garage array-based replication
- Using VR to copy a unmarried VM or teams of VMs to the restoration website
- Efficiently configuring secure and restoration sites
- Using Reprotect Mode to speed up failback and increase VM portability
- Using dependencies and precedence orders to configure SRM in response to your present different types of functions and services
- Leveraging SRM 5.0’s scalability advancements to serve large-scale and/or cloud environments
- Defining customized restoration plans
- Working with alarms, export histories, and entry control
- Implementing bidirectional relationships and shared website configurations
- Scripting computerized website recovery
- Upgrading from SRM 4.1 to SRM 5.0
Read or Download Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0 PDF
Similar database storage & design books
The strategic value of knowledge platforms is now largely accredited, and during the last 3 a long time those platforms have bought significant funding. platforms have advanced from dossier structures, via database platforms, to the emergence of administration details structures (MIS) and - extra lately - government details platforms (EIS).
With the discharge of SQL Server 2005, Microsoft is introducing a brand new multi-exam certification application. The Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Implementation and upkeep examination (70-431) is the 1st cease for everybody getting into this new certification music, and serves as either a unmarried examination certification in addition to the access examination for the MCITP-level certifications.
DB2 Developer's consultant is the field's no 1 go-to resource for on-the-job info on programming and administering DB2 on IBM z/OS mainframes. Now, three-time IBM info Champion Craig S. Mullins has completely up to date this vintage for DB2 v9 and v10. Mullins totally covers new DB2 techniques together with temporal database aid; hashing; common tablespaces; pureXML; functionality, protection and governance advancements; new info varieties, and masses extra.
Grasp the strong instruments and lines of Tableau 9Deliver significant BI visualizations and real-time dashboards to clients throughout your organization―quickly and simply. Written by means of an skilled writer and licensed coach, Tableau nine: The respectable advisor deals step by step guide, most sensible practices, examples, and downloadable video tutorials.
Extra resources for Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0
Another approach to this problem has been to virtualize production systems before you virtualize the DR location. By doing this you merely have to use your storage vendor’s replication or snapshot technology to pipe the data files that make up a virtual machine (VMX, VMDK, NVRAM, log, Snapshot, and/or swap files) to the DR location. Although this approach is much neater, this in itself introduces a number of problems, not least of which is getting up to speed with your storage vendor’s replication technology and ensuring that enough bandwidth is available from the Protected Site to the Recovery Site to make it workable.
So I would like to thank these guys for taking the time and giving me their valuable feedback. About the Author Mike Laverick is a former VMware instructor with 17 years of experience in technologies such as Novell, Windows, Citrix, and VMware. He has also been involved with the VMware community since 2003. Laverick is a VMware forum moderator and member of the London VMware User Group. Laverick is the man behind the virtualization website and the blog RTFM Education, where he publishes free guides and utilities for VMware customers.
Com At the time of this writing, there are still a number of storage vendors that have yet to release their supporting software for VMware Site Recovery Manager. com/title/9780321799920 Author Disclaimer No book on an IT product would be complete without a disclaimer. Here is mine: Although every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this book, the contributors and author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions. Neither is any liability assumed for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.