By Robert A. Andersen
Algal Culturing Techniques is a entire reference on all features of the isolation and cultivation of marine and freshwater algae, together with seaweeds. it's divided into seven components that disguise background, media coaching, isolation and purification thoughts, mass culturing thoughts, telephone counting and development dimension suggestions, and stories on issues and purposes of algal tradition options for environmental investigations.
Algal Culturing Techniques used to be constructed to function either a brand new textbook and key reference for phycologists and others learning aquatic structures, aquaculture and environmental sciences. scholars of algal ecology, marine botany, marine phycology, and microbial ecology will benefit from the hands-on method for culturing a number of algae from clean and marine waters. Researchers in undefined, equivalent to aquaculture, pharmaceutical, foodstuffs, and biotechnology businesses will locate an authoritative and accomplished reference.
- Sponsored by way of the Phycological Society of America
- Features colour pictures and illustrations throughout
- Describes culturing equipment starting from the try tube to outdoors ponds and coastal seaweed farms
- Details isolation options starting from conventional micropipette to automatic circulation cytometeric methods
- Includes purification, progress, upkeep, and cryopreservation techniques
- Highlights tools for estimating algal populations, progress premiums, keeping apart and measuring algal pigments, and detecting and culturing algal viruses
- Features a accomplished appendix of approximately 50 algal tradition medium recipes
- Includes a word list of phycological terms